Temporary Skills Shortage Visa - Subclass 482
Key requirements for this visa
- Qualifying Requirement
- The employer has an approved and current sponsorship
- The nominated position is approved
- Skills Requirement
- The visa applicant has the skills that match those required for the vacancy for which they have been nominated.
- Wage Requirement
- The visa applicant will be paid the salary indicated in the nomination or higher.
- Language Requirement
- The visa applicant possesses at least vocational English completed within 3-years prior to the date an application is lodged.
The maximum period of visa validity is 4 years, but in some circumstances can be extended, provided sponsorship and visa criteria are met. The visa term will depend on the duration of the employment agreement with your employer and the occupation's listing on the skills shortage list.
For more information on your chances to migrate under this category, please complete our free online assessment form for us to determine your eligibility.