Employer Nomination Scheme - Subclass 186
Key requirements for this visa
- Nomination by an approved Australian employer
- Skills Requirement
- You must meet the skills, qualifications and English language requirements, unless exempt.
- Age Requirement
- Under 50 years of age, unless you fall into one of the exemption categories
- Stream Requirements
- Both the nomination and the visa applicant meet the requirements of the relevant stream: the Temporary Residence stream, the Direct Entry stream, or the Agreement stream.
- Transition Stream Requirements
- To meet the Temporary Residence Transition stream, the applicant must currently hold a 457 visa, have been employed by the same employer in the same position for at least two years and have been nominated by the same employer.
- Direct Stream Requirements
- To meet the Direct Entry stream requirements candidates must have never, or only briefly, worked in Australia or are temporary residents who do not qualify for the Temporary Residence Transition stream.
Applicants must first be nominated by an employer in Australia before a visa application can be lodged by the visa applicant. In practice, a nomination and a visa application can be lodged together, but the nomination is assessed and approved first by the Department of Immigration.
For more information on your chances to migrate under this category, please complete our free online assessment form for us to determine your eligibility.