Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa - Subclass 457
Key requirements for this visa
- Employer Requirements
- Be lawfully operating and meet the training benchmark
- Only nominate a reasonable number of subclass 457 workers
- Sponsor Obligations
- Ensure the equivalent terms and conditions of employment are met
- Provide records and information to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
- Communicate with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection in regard the visa holder's employment status.
- Ensure the visa holder participates in the nominated occupation.
The training requirement for the subclass 457 visa is of particular importance. Only training provided to Australian citizens and permanent residents will be considered when assessing whether the training benchmarks are met.
For more information on your chances to migrate under this category, please complete our free online assessment form for us to determine your eligibility.